Please Note :- The following rules are an overview of the rules for submission. Please download the complete rules and conditions of entry HERE
The Exhibition consists of SIX 6 sections with up to FOUR (4) entries allowed in each section.
6 Sections are:
PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGES (PDI)
- Colour Print
- Monochrome Print
- Nature Print
- Colour PDI
- Mono PDI
- Nature PDI
ENTRIES AND IMAGE SIZE
All entries Prints and Projected Images must be made online through the entry system on the website: www.smethwickinternational.com.
Projected Digital Images (PDI) Sections
Up to four images may be submitted in each section.
- Images must be in JPEG format with preferred Colour Space sRGB.
- Images will be judged by projection on a Canon Exceed Projector. Native resolution is 1900×1200 pixels.
- Required image size: Maximum 1600 pixels horizontal and/or 1200 pixels vertical.
- Image File Name: The online entry system does not require you to change an images filename.
- Image Title: The title must be as you would wish it to appear in the catalogue therefore no other information, special characters or separators should be included in the Title Window.
Titles such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
- Our projection background is black please DO NOT fill empty space or add large borders.
Note: Digital files cannot be forwarded to the Southampton Exhibition. You must enter these directly with them according to their rules.
Prints: Three (3) Sections: Colour – Monochrome – Nature
Up to four prints, maximum size – 50cm x 40cm, may be entered in each section.
- • Prints can be submitted either mounted or un-mounted. Overseas prints should be sent un-mounted.
- • Prints can be Forwarded to the Southampton International if the appropriate box is ticked in the entry system. Entrants requiring their entry to be forwarded must complete Southampton’s entry system and make the necessary payment.
- • Entrants must tick the ‘Destroy’ box on the online entry system to verify authorization for the exhibition to destroy the entrants prints in lieu of returning them, otherwise the full return postal charge shall apply.
A Digital File of all prints must be uploaded with the print title as per the details for the PDI’s above.
The title on the backs of prints must match the titles on the Entry Form.
Only pressure sensitive (self-adhesive) labels may be used on the back of unmounted prints.
The entrant must sign the entry submittal form in the space provided to verify authorization for the exhibition to destroy the exhibitor’s prints in lieu of returning them otherwise the full entry fee shall apply if the exhibition does have separate fees for return of prints and non-return of prints.
Each entrant will receive an A4 Full Colour Catalogue
PLEASE NOTE THAT ENTRIES WHICH ARRIVE WITHOUT THE CORRECT FEES WILL NOT BE JUDGED OR RETURNED AND NO CATALOGUE WILL BE SENT.
Fees are per entrant, per Section as follows:
|U.K. Entrants Only||Overseas and Europe|
|One (1) Section £12 (GBP)
Each additional section £3 (GBP)
|One Section (1) £13 (GBP)
each additional section £3 (GBP)
Please note: the entry fee includes mailing the 62-page A4 Catalogue.
Payment can be made on line using Credit/Debit cards through PayPal (a PayPal account is not required). Entrants can complete their entry forms and make payment online before sending their work.
Special Notes on Entry Fees
The preferred method of payment is by PayPal using a credit or debit card or a PayPal account. Payment in banknotes is preferred for entries not submitted online, otherwise Cheques/Orders should be made payable to: Smethwick Photographic Society. International cheques in currency other than Pound Sterling (£) must include an additional $3 (€3) to cover bank charges.
Prints will be returned “Surface Mail” ONLY where return postage has been received.
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations which have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.